REMINDER – The Orange County Solid Waste Management Department is reminding residents that in the first week of July, 2012, all Chapel Hill / Orange County NC recycling items can be mixed all together in your curbside recycling bin (“Single Stream Recycling”), including:
* Plastic Bottles and Jugs (leave caps on and flatten),
* Glass Bottles and Jars,
* Metal Cans, Aluminum foil, Empty Aerosol Cans
and All Mixed Paper, including Phone Books, Newspapers and Inserts, Catalogs and * Glossy Magazines
* Corrugated Cardboard (Clean, dry cardboard. Empty and flatten. Place between, in or under bins in 3′ x 3′ pieces, 10 piece limit unless it fits in your bin.)
* No plastic bags and no garbage.
- Have bins to the curb by 7 am on your recycling day and bring them in when empty.
- Leave caps on; flatten plastic bottles, replace caps, then recycle.
- Place materials in approved recycling containers only. No recycling in trash cans, plastic bags or cardboard boxes.
- Severe weather may cause delays or cancellations. Check www.co.orange.nc.us/recycling/weather.asp or join their listserv for updates.
* Recycle electronics at all Orange County Solid Waste Convenience Centers and the Orange County landfill.
*Recycle non-bottle #2, 4 and 5 plastics such as tubs, cups, buckets and toys at Solid Waste Convenience centers.
* Bring hazardous household waste such as paint, pesticides, fluorescent lights to the HHW collection facility Mon-Fri from 10am-6pm & Sat 7:30 am – 12pm at the Orange County Landfill, 1514 Eubanks Rd., Chapel Hill.
The Orange County Landfill will CLOSE June 20, 2013; the Orange County Solid Waste Management Department encourages everyone to RECYCLE all you can.
See the CHillKids / Chapel Hill Kids Guide to Chapel Hill / Orange County NC Recycling for more recycling info/ local Chapel Hill recycling center information.
Orange County Solid Waste Management Department: (919) 968-2788 or visit www.co.orange.nc.us/recycling/